Your Alabama Pro Athlete of the Week is Josh Jacobs. Jacobs opened the 2020 season with 139 yards from scrimmage (93 rushing and 46 receiving) and 3 TDs in the Raiders’ 34-30 road win. Jacobs’ TD with 4:08 left in the game was the margin of victory in the win.
Others of note:
- Alexa Guarachi won her 2nd career WTA doubles title in Istanbul this week. It’s the 22nd overall doubles title of her professional career.
- Justin Thomas finished T-2nd at the PGA Tour Championship, and was 4th overall in terms of raw score.
- Trey Mullinax finished T-7th in the Korn Ferry Tour’s event, which was his 2nd straight Top 10 finish.
- Dicky Pride finished T-12th on the Champions Tour while playing on a sponsor’s exemption. Pride now has 2 Champions Tour starts, and finished in the Top 20 in both.
- Bud Cauley finished T-14th on the PGA Tour.
- In one of his starts this past week, Spencer Turnbull pitched 6 scoreless innings to pick up his 4th win of the season.
- Julio Jones had 9 catches for 157 yards, and surpassed 800 career receptions. He became the 2nd fastest to 800 catches, needing just 127 games to reach that mark.
- Calvin Ridley had 130 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Amari Cooper had 10 catches for 81 yards.
- Eddie Jackson had 6 tackles in Chicago’s win.
- Landon Collins had 5 tackles, and 2 tackles for loss, in Washington’s win.