Justin Thomas shot an opening round 65 (-5) at the US Open. It marks Thomas’ lowest opening round at any major championship. It was also the lowest round ever at Winged Foot CC for a US Open event (this is the 6th US Open at Winged Foot). Lastly, it’s the lowest opening round for a US Open at Winged Foot by 3 strokes.
Ramzee Robinson, current Player Engagement Manager for the Kansas City Chiefs, was interviewed by Reckon to discuss athletes and social activism.
Replay of Kareem Jackson’s media availability today.
Julio Jones explains why he’s wearing Aiyana Stanley-Jones’ name on the back of his helmet.
Chicago White Sox (with Matt Foster on active roster and Frank Menechino as hitting coach) clinched a playoff berth with its win over Minnesota today.
- Hale Hentges – released from Washington’s practice squad.
- Maurice Smith – signed to Tennessee Titans’ practice squad.
- Mack Wilson – deactivated by Cleveland Browns for Thursday game.
Thursday Practice Reports
- Did Not Practice – Mark Barron (hamstring), Henry Ruggs (knee)
- Limited Participation – Julio Jones (hamstring), Amari Cooper (foot)
- Full Participation – Josh Jacobs (ankle)
GOLF Ladies Open de France Rd 1: Camilla Lennarth – 74, +3, T53 US Open Rd 1: Justin Thomas – 65, -5, 1st (leads by 1) Michael Thompson – 70, E, T22 Lee Hodges – 76, +6, T120 Davis Riley – 79, +9, T142 Open de Portugal Rd 1: Gavin Moynihan - 74, +2, T76 BASEBALL New York Mets 10, Philadelphia 6. Tommy Hunter – 1.1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 K. FOOTBALL Cleveland 35, Cincinnati 30. Ronnie Harrison – 2 tackles. Tony Brown – no stats.