Ian Gardeck announced his retirement from baseball today. Gardeck, a 2012 16th round draft pick, earned a spot of San Francisco’s 40-man roster after a stellar 2015 season (104 strikeouts in 86.1 IP, while reducing BB/9IP from 9.40 to 2.50), but he battled a myriad of injuries, including back to back Tommy John surgeries, that limited him to 37 IP between 2016-2019.
Cleveland coach J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton at the end of last season: “… he was making guys better around him and still able to be effective as a scorer.”
Here’s another look at Denver’s previous interest in JaMychal Green.
Jarran Reed attributes his resurgence this season to a new conditioning program.
Amari Cooper is quietly approaching a couple of receiving milestones for Dallas.
Some fun with numbers – here’s what Derrick Henry needs to do down the stretch to rush for 2,000 yards this season.
Dallas initially thought that Trevon Diggs would be out 4-6 weeks with his fractured foot, but indications are that he might be back on the quicker end of that spectru.
Henry Ruggs is showing signs of becoming more of a deep threat for Las Vegas. Now, if we can just get them to throw the ball his way…
Kenyan Drake thinks that he and the other Arizona running backs need to do more to help Kyler Murray out.
Baltimore announced that Anthony Averett had returned to practice this week. The Ravens now have 21 days to place him on the active roster.
Here’s a clip of Rashaan Evans on the Jim Rome Show this week.
The Star-Tribune checked in with Michael Thompson to see how life had changed since winning the 3M Open in Minnesota back in July.
Sam Shade’s Pinson Valley team won the Alabama 6A state championship over Spanish Fort tonight, 23-13.
Jonathan Allen is quietly having a solid year for Washington. Here are some of his highlights to date:
Raheem Morris agrees – Julio Jones is not of this world.
Andrew Zow and Kelvin Sigler joined the Riley and Constant Show this week.
Dont’a Hightower announced that his annual benefit for the American Diabetes Foundation this year will be an autographed ornament fundraiser. Details below.
- Anthony Averett – designated to return from Injured Reserve by the Baltimore Ravens.
- Derrick Gore – released from the practice squad by the Los Angeles Chargers.
Week 13 Game Status Reports (Sunday Games Only):
- Questionable – Jerry Jeudy (ankle), Julio Jones (hamstring), Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb).
- Doubtful –
- Out – Tony Brown (hamstring), James Carpenter (groin), Da’Shawn Hand (groin), Josh Jacobs (ankle), Terrell Lewis (knee), Irv Smith (back).
Week 13 Practice Reports – Friday
- Did Not Practice – Tony Brown (hamstring), James Carpenter (groin), Da’Shawn Hand (groin), Josh Jacobs (ankle), Terrell Lewis (knee), Irv Smith (back).
- Limited Participation – Julio Jones (hamstring), Calvin Ridley (foot, ankle), J.K. Scott (right quad), Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb).
- Full Participation – Ryan Anderson (knee), D.J. Fluker (ankle), Jerry Jeudy (ankle), Ryan Kelly (neck).
BASKETBALL Stargard 105, Ostrów Wielkopolski 98. Ricky Tarrant (STA) – 24 minutes, 13 points (5-6 2pg, 0-1 3pg, 3-5 FT), 4 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls. GOLF Mayakoba Golf Classic Rd 2 suspended (dark): Justin Thomas – 72-67, -3, T34 Robby Shelton – 74-72, +4, T109 Volunteers of America Classic Rd 2: Kristen Gillman – 73-71, +2, T26 Cheyenne Knight – 71-73, +2, T26 Emma Talley – 74-73, +5, T45 Stephanie Meadow – 75-73, +6, T56 Lauren Stephenson – 73-75, +6, T56