Haylie McCleney and Montana Fouts have been named to Team USA’s 18-woman roster for this summer’s World Games in Birmingham. Both were among 45 participants at this week’s trials.
Alex Watkins has been hired as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Florida. He has served in a similar capacity at Mississippi State the past two seasons.
The University of Oregon announced the hiring of Wilson Love as head strength and conditioning coach under new head coach Dan Lanning. Love has served the last two seasons in the same capacity at Mississippi. Another Alabama alum, Shaud Williams, will remain on the strength and conditioning staff at Oregon, where he has served the past four years.
San Antonio, which is going through a bout of injuries and COVID absentees, started Joshua Primo tonight vs. Philadelphia. It’s Primo’s first NBA start, and he becomes the youngest starter in Spurs franchise history. Braxton Key made his NBA debut in the game as well.
Mac Jones has outplayed his fellow rookie quarterbacks, and Sports Illustrated looks at what New England has done to craft an offense around Jones, and how that might affect other teams going forward.
Levi Wallace is arguably having the best season of his pro career, and is stabilizing the Buffalo secondary.
Trevon Diggs’ mother, brother weigh in on the decision to switch Diggs to cornerback in college.
Links to press conferences:
- Julio Jones (starts at about 8:40)
- Joshua Primo (post-game content)
Damien Harris made his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Gresh & Keefe show.
Week 18 Injury Reports
Game Status Report – Saturday & Sunday Games
- Questionable – Christian Barmore (knee), Landon Dickerson (thumb), Damien Harris (hamstring), Ronnie Harrison (ankle), Dont’a Hightower (knee), Mark Ingram (knee), Josh Jacobs (ribs),
- Doubtful – N/A
- Out – Anthony Averett (ribs/chest), Isaiah Buggs (illness), Trevon Diggs (illness), Patrick Surtain II (calf).
Friday Practice Report – Sunday Games
- Did Not Practice – Isaiah Buggs (illness), Anthony Averett (ribs/chest), Mark Ingram (knee), Patrick Surtain II (calf).
- Limited Participation – Christian Barmore (knee), Damien Harris (hamstring), Ronnie Harrison (ankle), Dont’a Hightower (knee), Josh Jacobs (ribs).
- Full Participation – Bradley Bozeman (illness), Julio Jones (hamstring).
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – elevated from the practice squad for Week 18 by the Denver Broncos (COVID replacement).
- Saivion Smith – cleared waivers and became a free agent.
- ArDarius Stewart – signed by the British Columbia Lions of the Canadian Football League.
- Patrick Surtain II – placed on the Reserve / Injured list by the Denver Broncos.
Scenes and Highlights
VOLLEYBALL Stuttgart 3, Vilsbiburg 1 (25-18, 25-16, 15-25, 25-17). Krystal Rivers – 17 points (13 kills, 3 block points, 1 ace); 43% (13-30) attack efficiency GOLF Sentry Tournament of Champions Rd 2: Justin Thomas – 74-67, -5, T32 BASKETBALL Oostende 88, Mons-Hainaut 70. Levi Randolph – DNP (illness) Philadelphia 119, San Antonio 100. Braxton Key – 2 minutes, 0 points (0-1 FG), 1 rebound, 1 assist Joshua Primo – 25 minutes, 9 points (3-4 2pg, 1-3 3pg), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls. Denver 121, Sacramento 111. JaMychal Green – 22 minutes, 13 points (5-5 2pg, 1-3 3pg), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 foul.