Tests today reported confirmed that Mac Jones suffered a severe high ankle sprain at the end of yesterday’s game. Jones will seek a second opinion, so a path of treatment and number of games missed is yet to be determined. Jones addressed the media via Zoom later in the day, but wouldn’t address specifics about the injury, deferring instead to head coach Bill Belichick.
Derrick Henry was “running with a purpose” in Tennessee’s win yesterday. Henry finished with 143 yards from scrimmage.
A note from last night’s Denver / San Francisco game: Patrick Surtain II did not allow a reception on 6 targets, tied for the most targets without a reception allowed in a game since 2021.
Today was Media Day for many NBA teams. Some takeaways from the various press conferences:
- Collin Sexton has been cleared for full 5-on-5 activities.
- Sexton said that the hardest part of last year was being away from the game, and that he’s already starting working with Mike Conley on team-building.
- Josh Primo says the Spurs’ goal is to be a playoff team this season. Primo has also added some bulk to help absorb contact.
- Kira Lewis is working out, but has yet to be cleared for 5-on-5 activities.
- Pelicans teammate Naji Marshall is extremely happy to see Lewis back with the team.
- Herb Jones’ favorite player to guard last year was Primo.
- Pelicans coach Willie Green has to tell Jones to get out of the gym and have some “life balance.” Green also praised Jones’ work ethic.
- Larry Nance Jr. offered Jones money to take a vacation, and Jones declined.
- Jones did take one fishing trip this summer, but didn’t catch anything.
- Veteran Brandon Ingram talks about being inspired by Jones.
- John Petty says that there’s more to see from Jones’ game this year.
Links to press conferences from today:
- C.J. Mosley
- Mac Jones
- Collin Sexton
- Herbert Jones (at the 12:40 mark)
- John Petty
- Kira Lewis
- Keon Ellis
- J.D. Davison (at the 1:17:30 mark)
Mac Jones did make his weekly appearance on WEEI today, where he discussed yesterday’s game.
Jaylen Waddle did a 1-on-1 interview with CBS Sports’ Josina Anderson after yesterday’s game.
Week 4 Injury Reports
Practice Reports – Monday:
- Did Not Practice – Tua Tagovailoa (back, ankle), Jaylen Waddle (groin).
- Limited Participation – Raekwon Davis (knee).
- Full Participation – N/A
Scenes and Highlights
- Aaron Robinson – deactivated for Week 3 by the New York Giants.
FOOTBALL Dallas 23, New York Giants 16. Trevon Diggs – 1 tackle, 3 PD, 1 INT (7 yd return) Evan Neal – active; no stats Xavier McKinney – 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD Aaron Robinson – inactive (appendix) BASKETBALL Mexico LNBP QF Gm 2: Astros 111, Soles de Mexicali 70 (leads 2-0) Nick King – 27 minutes, 10 points (5-5 2pg, 0-2 3pg, 0-1 FT), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 foul. BASEBALL Durham 6, Charlotte 2. Matt Foster – 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 K.