MLB Draft Summary
Day 2 of the 2023 Major League Baseball Draft saw four current Alabama players and one former one selected. The players drafted were:
- Andrew Pinckney – Washington Nationals; Round 4, Pick 102
- Grayson Hitt – Arizona Diamondbacks; Round 4, Pick 112
- Hunter Furtado – Pittsburgh Pirates; Round 6, Pick 167
- Caden Rose – Boston Red Sox; Round 7, Pick 208
- Jake Eddington – Philadelphia Phillies; Round 7, Pick 223
Erin Routliffe and Alexa Guarachi have decided to split as a doubles team. The pair reunited earlier this year for a string of tournaments, but have not been able to recapture the success they had in 2017-2019, when they won six ITF doubles titles together.
The Minnesota Twins have transferred Connor Prielipp to the Full Season IL, thus shutting him down for the remainder of the season. Prielipp made a one start for Cedar Rapids in April, and one rehab start for Fort Myers last month.
AJ McCarron did a rapid-fire Q&A for the St. Louis Battlehawks.
Noah Clowney also did a fun Q&A for the Brooklyn Nets.
Landon Dickerson was a guest on the New Heights Show last week. Here’s an excerpt.
Scenes and Highlights
- Andrew Pinckney – drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 4th round of the MLB Draft.
- Grayson Hitt – drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 4th round of the MLB Draft.
- Hunter Furtado – drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 6th round of the MLB Draft.
- Caden Rose – drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 7th round of the MLB Draft.
- Jake Eddington – drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 7th round of the MLB Draft.
- Connor Prielipp – transferred from the 7-Day Injured List to the Full Season Injured List.
TENNIS ITF Padova 25K, Singles Qualifying Rd 2: Filip Planinsek lost to Gabriele Pennaforti 7-6 (7-3), 7-5. BASKETBALL Las Vegas Summer League Dallas 111, Philadelphia 103. Braxton Key – 17 minutes, 9 points (3-4 2pg, 1-1 3pg), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 foul, +5. Los Angeles Clippers 80, Sacramento 70. Keon Ellis – 29 minutes, 16 points (3-8 2pg, 2-5 3pg, 4-4 FT), 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 turnovers, 1 foul, +0.