Retin Obasohan led Belgium to a 90-62 over the Czech Republic in a EuroBasket qualifier today in Lithuania. Obasohan had 18 points, 7 assists, and 4 steals to lead the Lions.
The Belgian national team also ran an interview with Obasohan, which appeared on its website prior to today’s game.
Derrick Henry has been voted FedEx Ground Player of the Week for Week 11. It’s his third such honor this season.
Here’s a statistical note on Derrick Henry’s recent success in road games. He’ll play in Indianapolis this weekend versus a Colts defense that’s missing a couple of starters.
Derrick Henry answers some Google search questions!
New York Giants will decide this weekend whether or not to activate Xavier McKinney for Week 12.
Eddie Jackson was activated off the Reserve / COVID-19 list today, and is cleared to play this weekend. Jackson was placed on the list back on Monday due to being a close contact with someone who tested positive.
Tua Tagovailoa, questionable this week with a thumb injury on his throwing hand, will apparently be a game-time decision on Sunday.
Rashaan Evans spoke to the media in Nashville today. Here’s a clip. Not sure it made the clip, but he opened his statement with a “Roll Tide.”
Ronnie Harrison also was available to the media today (posted here). Harrison, who was hurt last week, has been cleared for this weekend, and will face Jacksonville for the first time since being traded from the Jaguars.
Rashad Johnson, Jason McAddley, and Eryk Anders share some Iron Bowl of Football memories on the Riley and Constant Show.
Charles Barkley challenged Justin Thomas to a bet on the Alabama / Auburn game tomorrow. JT likes his chances.
Alabama high school football season is winding down, with finals next week in Tuscaloosa. There will be at two former Alabama players leading high school teams to the state finals – Sam Shade (6A Pinson Valley) and Michael Williams (1A Pickens County).
Former Alabama Adapted athlete Maude Jacques has retired from Wheelchair Basketball Canada after an illustrious career with the national team.
WSFA did a piece on Shaun Dion Hamilton’s food giveaway in Montgomery yesterday. Hamilton couldn’t attend since he had a game yesterday, but his family staffed the event.
Quinnen Williams did a jersey swap with a cancer survivor as part of Tide’s clean jersey swap campaign.
- Eddie Jackson – activated from Reserve / COVID-19 list by Chicago.
- Isaiah Buggs – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by Pittsburgh.
Week 12 Game Status Report
- Questionable – Jerry Jeudy (achilles, ankle), Julio Jones (hamstring), Ryan Kelly (neck), Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb)
- Doubtful – Terrell Lewis (knee), Irv Smith (groin, back)
- Out – N/A
Friday Practice Report
- Did Not Practice – Ryan Kelly (neck), Julio Jones (hamstring), Terrell Lewis (knee), Irv Smith (groin, back).
- Limited Participation – James Carpenter (groin), Josh Jacobs (hip), Jerry Jeudy (achilles, ankle), Calvin Ridley (foot), J.K. Scott (back, right quadricep), Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb).
- Full Participation – Ronnie Harrison (knee), Cam Robinson (illness), Jedrick Wills (illness).
BASKETBALL FIBA Eurobasket qualifier: Belgium 90, Czech Republic 62. Retin Obasohan – 25 minutes, 18 points (5-9 2pg, 2-4 3pg, 2-4 FT), 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals, 1 turnover, 3 fouls. SOCCER USA 2, Netherlands 0. Merel Van Dongen – no stats; played full match. GOLF Andalucia Costa Del Sol Open De Espana Rd 2 suspended: Camilla Lennarth – 76-(+1 thru11), +5, T41