Here’s a recap of some of the press coverage for some of the more noteworthy NFL performances yesterday.
- Henry’s Pro Football Focus grade was the highest given to a running back all season.
- Here’s a scout’s look at each of Henry’s rushing attempts yesterday.
- The Athletic on Henry being on the verge of a historic season.
- Henry on being more focused on wins than stats.
- Henry in rare company with yesterday’s performance.
- This Inquirer column looks at what Hurts’ performance means for Doug Pederson’s future.
- Another Inquirer column on Hurts’ performance.
- Sports Illustrated on Jalen Hurts earning his shot at playing time.
- Another piece on how Hurts could be the key to Pederson’s future.
- Palm Beach Post‘s tape review of Tagovailoa’s performance yesterday.
- Biggest takeaway was that Tagovailoa and the Dolphins need more weapons to take the next step.
Kira Lewis finished with 5 points and 2 rebounds in 10 minutes of work in his pre-season debut tonight. Here are the baskets.
Marlon Humphrey forced two more fumbles tonight, giving him eight on the season. That leads the NFL and sets a franchise record from a position (CB) where you don’t typically expect to see a high number of forced fumbles. Humphrey’s 8 forced fumbles also equal the most-ever in the NFL through 12 games.
Derrick Henry is nominated for the FedEx Ground Player of the Week – again.
Per Pro Football Focus, Dalvin Tomlinson recorded career highs in QB pressures (5) and pass-rush grade (85.6) against Arizona yesterday.
Philadelphia announced today that it has signed Ross Pierschbacher off the Washington practice squad. Pierschbacher was protected on the practice squad almost weekly this season by Washington, but was only activated once all season (Week 9), and didn’t play in the game.
Raekwon Davis announced plans to sponsor a Toy Drive-By in Meridian, MS on December 22-23 at the Boys and Girls Club of East Mississippi. The drive-by will serve up to 700 youths aged 5 to 17. See flyer below for details.
Quinnen Williams will be giving $500 to 100 single-parent families in the Birmingham area for the holiday season. Application deadline is December 16.
Mark Barron, in conjunction with TAP Inc., will be giving $1,000 to 15 families in the Mobile area for Christmas. Application deadline is December 21.
- Hale Hentges – activated off Commissioner’s Exempt List by Minnesota.
- Ross Pierschbacher – signed off Washington’s practice squad by Philadelphia.
- Saivion Smith – reverted back to the Dallas practice squad.
- Anthony Averett – deactivated for Week 14 by Baltimore.
Week 15 Practice Report – Monday (for Thursday game only)
- Did Not Practice – N/A
- Limited Participation – Josh Jacobs (ankle), Cole Mazza (knee)
- Full Participation – N/A
GOLF US Women’s Open final: Cheyenne Knight – 75-69-72-76, +8, T30 Lauren Stephenson – 72-72-74-74, +8, T30 WAPT Kingwood Forest Classic Rd 1: Kenzie Wright (a) – 74, +2, T11 FOOTBALL Baltimore 47, Cleveland 42. Marlon Humphrey – 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 2 FF Bradley Bozeman – 1 FR DJ Fluker – no stats Mark Ingram – no stats Anthony Averett – inactive Jedrick Wills – no stats Mack Wilson – no stats