The media availability for Alabama’s first schedule Pro Day was today, with DeVonta Smith, Deonte Brown, Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson, Miller Forristall, and Thomas Fletcher being the players who addressed the media. The Pro Day workouts will be tomorrow, and will be carried on the NFL Network at noon ET. Some notes from the session:
- DeVonta Smith won’t do any workouts tomorrow. Will just do measurements.
- Smith disclosed that he weighs 170 pounds.
- Smith has had off-season discussion with both Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts.
- Deonte Brown has lost 18 pounds since the Senior Bowl; now weighs 346.
- Alex Leatherwood says teams have talked to him about playing both guard and tackle.
- Landon Dickerson’s recovery is on schedule, and as for positions, he just wants to get on the field.
- Miller Forristall said that Nick Saban said he “sucked” as a blocker when he first got to Alabama.
- Thomas Fletcher gave several detailed answers about the nuances of snapping in both college and pros.
Collin Sexton had a dust-up with a couple of Toronto Raptors last night, and the Cavs responded by showing that they won’t back down.
Cheyenne Knight appears on the latest Only One Shot Golf podcast.
Wheelchair Basketball Canada’s spotlight this week is on recent Alabama graduate Rosalie Lalonde.
The drawing for Dell Match Play assignments was today, and Justin Thomas drew Louis Oosthuizen, Kevin Kisner, and Matt Kuchar. Match play starts on Wednesday.
BASKETBALL Changwon 84, Wonju 79. Justin Knox (WON) – 23 minutes, 14 points (6-11 FG, 2-3 FT), 8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 turnover, 3 fouls. Sacramento 119, Cleveland 105. Collin Sexton – 29 minutes, 15 points (6-12 2pg, 0-3 3pg, 3-3 FT), 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 foul. TENNIS UTR Pro Series Atlanta Erin Routliffe defeated Nibedita Ghosh 6-2, 6-0.