NOTE: Posts this week will be abbreviated due to other obligations.
Herbert Jones and Joshua Primo were the subject of a pair of nice preseason previews as the two prepare for the opening of their NBA seasons next week. Jim Eichenhofer’s preview of Jones notes that he’s already making an impression on defense. Primo’s preview by KENS5 in San Antonio says that Primo is already exceeding early expectations. MySanAntonio.com also has a piece on Primo, from Joshua’s agent’s perspective.
Michael Kessens made his season debut with Bonn today, and scored 10 points in limited time to help defeat his previous team, Frankfurt. Kessens signed with Bonn this summer, and suffered a leg injury in training camp to miss the start of the season.
Tua Tagovailoa had his first media appearance since going on Injured Reserve with fractured ribs. Tagovailoa pronounced himself “100% ready,” and appears to be on track to be activated prior to Sunday’s game.
Derrick Henry appeared on the Rich Eisen Show today, and discussed his record-pace workload.
Week 6 Injury Reports
Game Status Report – Sunday Games Only:
- Questionable – Deonte Brown (knee), Trevon Diggs (ankle), Damien Harris (ribs), Eddie Jackson (knee), Kareem Jackson (back), Jedrick Wills (ankle)
- Doubtful – N/A
- Out – Cam Sims (hamstring)
Practice Reports – Friday:
- Did Not Practice – Cam Sims (hamstring), Jedrick Wills (ankle)
- Limited Participation – Deonte Brown (knee), Trevon Diggs (ankle), Damien Harris (ribs), Josh Jacobs (illness)
- Full Participation – Jonathan Allen (knee), Eddie Jackson (knee), Kareem Jackson (back), Julio Jones (hamstring)
- John Petty – waived by the New Orleans Pelicans
Scenes and Highlights
TENNIS ITF Doha 15K, Doubles semifinal: 1-seed Saketh Myneni / P Niklas-Salminen lost to 4-seed Cash / Sigsgaard 6-3, 7-5. GOLF SAS Championship Rd 1: Dicky Pride – 71, -1, T33 CJ Cup Rd 2: Justin Thomas – 69-67, -8, T28 BASKETBALL EuroLeague Group Play Barcelona 85, Monaco 81 (F/OT). Donta Hall – 18 minutes, 8 points (3-4 FG, 2-3 FT), 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 turnover, 5 fouls. Toruń 85, Lublin 83. Jimmie Taylor – 26 minutes, 14 points (6-8 FG, 2-3 FT), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls. Bonn 86, Frankfurt 76. Michael Kessens – 18 minutes, 10 points (4-7 FG, 2-2 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 4 fouls.