Tom Lovelady’s quest to rejoin the Korn Ferry Tour is off to a good start today. Exempt into Stage 2 qualifying by virtue of being on the PGA Tour in the last three years, Lovelady shot an opening round 66 (-5) to lead the Albuquerque qualifier by a stroke. The Top 19 plus ties will advance to the final stage.
The Baltimore Ravens officially announced the signing of James Carpenter to its practice squad today, and immediately protected him on the squad for Week 7. Carpenter was injured in Week 16 last year, and was not re-signed by the Falcons. He had not been in camp with anyone or on the tryout circuit until last week.
Najee Harris, Mac Jones, and Jaylen Waddle are all nominated for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award for Week 6.
The Detroit Tigers posted a feature on Dylan Smith on its YouTube channel.
O.J. Howard appeared before the media in Tampa today to discuss this week’s game vs. Chicago. He also talked about the process of recovering from last year’s Achilles injury, and how he’s just now feeling back to normal.
Bo Scarbrough and Ronnie Clark were tonight’s guests on The Bama Standard.
Week 7 Injury Reports
Practice Reports – Tuesday:
- Did Not Practice – Jedrick Wills (ankle)
- Limited Participation – Mack Wilson (calf)
- Full Participation – N/A
- James Carpenter – signed to the practice squad by the Baltimore Ravens.
- James Carpenter – protected on the practice squad for Week 7 by the Baltimore Ravens.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – protected on the practice squad for Week 7 by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Ryan Anderson – suspension lifted by the Commissioner.
- D.J. Fluker – suspension lifted by the Commissioner.
Scenes and Highlights
TENNIS VTB Kremlin Cup, Doubles Rd of 16: Erin Routliffe / K Christian lost to Kalinskaya / Potapova 6-4, 6-0. GOLF Korn Ferry Tour Qualifying Stage 2 Albuquerque Rd 1: Tom Lovelady – 66, -5, 1st Steven Setterstrom – 72, +1, T28 Korn Ferry Tour Qualifying Stage 2 Murrieta Rd 1: Wilson Furr – 75, +3, T60 BASKETBALL Maccabi Ironi Ramat Gan 97, Elitzur Ashkelon 74. Ricky Tarrant – 21 minutes, 12 points (6-10 2pg, 0-2 3pg), 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, 4 turnovers, 1 foul.