Some horrific details of Henry Ruggs’ wreck last night were made available today at his bond hearing in Las Vegas. Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman said Ruggs was traveling at a top speed of 156 miles per hours, and was at 127 miles per hour when the airbags deployed. Bauman also said that Ruggs’ blood alcohol content was 0.161, which is twice the legal limit in Nevada. Ruggs posted bond after the hearing. The victim in the crash was identified today as well..
The New Orleans Pelicans confirmed today that Herbert Jones suffered a concussion last night, and has been placed in the league’s concussion protocol. The injury occurred early in the third quarter when Jones was inadvertently elbowed in the head by teammate Jonas Valančiūnas. Meanwhile, one of the Pelican beat writers looks at how Jones has been used both offensively and defensively since being inserted in the starting lineup.
Tua Tagovailoa’s weekly press conference is here. Tagovailoa talked about not worrying about the trade deadline, and addressed the Henry Ruggs wreck.
Jalen Hurts’ weekly press conference is here. Hurts also expressed thoughts on Henry Ruggs’ wreck.
Link to Mac Jones’ weekly press conference.
Kira Lewis addresses the media after tonight’s game (starts at the 13:45 mark).
Week 9 Injury Reports
Practice Reports – Wednesday:
- Did Not Practice – Rashaan Evans (ankle), Xavier McKinney (covid protocol), Calvin Ridley (personal)
- Limited Participation – Christian Barmore (foot), Amari Cooper (hamstring), Dont’a Hightower (ankle), Julio Jones (hamstring), Tua Tagovailoa (ribs, left finger)
- Full Participation – Trevon Diggs (ankle)
- Xavier McKinney – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the New York Giants.
- Henry Ruggs – waived by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Herbert Jones – placed in the concussion protocol by the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Joshua Primo – recalled from the Austin Spurs by the San Antonio Spurs.
- Alex Avila – became a free agent (Avila has announced his retirement).
- Tommy Hunter – became a free agent.
- Wade LeBlanc – became a free agent.
- Jimmy Nelson – became a free agent.
- David Robertson – became a free agent.
Scenes and Highlights
SWIMMING LEN European Short Course Championships Women’s 200m Butterfly prelims: Leonie Kullmann – 2:13.66, 14th overall; advances to semifinals LEN European Short Course Championships Men’s 100m Breaststroke prelims: Anton McKee – 57.98 seconds, 17th overall; advances to semifinals LEN European Short Course Championships Women’s 200m Butterfly semi-finals: Leonie Kullmann – 2:12.65, 14th overall LEN European Short Course Championships Men’s 100m Breaststroke semi-finals: Anton McKee – 58.23 seconds, 16th overall VOLLEYBALL Stuttgart 3, Dresden 2 (25-18, 17-25, 20-25, 25-22, 15-12). Krystal Rivers – 23 points (21 kills, 1 block point, 1 ace); 49% (21-43) attack efficiency. BASKETBALL Cleveland 107, Portland 104. Collin Sexton – 33 minutes, 21 points (6-9 2pg, 2-4 3pg, 3-3 FT), 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 turnovers, 1 foul. Memphis 108, Denver 106. JaMychal Green – 8 minutes, 4 points (2-5 FG), 5 rebounds, 1 turnover. Dallas 109, San Antonio 108. Joshua Primo – DNP. Sacramento 112, New Orleans 99. Kira Lewis - 17 minutes, 14 points (4-6 2pg, 2-3 3pg), 2 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 2 fouls. Herbert Jones – DNP (concussion protocol).