Mark Ingram seems poised to start for New Orleans this week, and is on the cusp of becoming the Saints’ all-time leading rusher. Ingram was reflective in his press conference today (see full conference video below).
Stephanie Meadow comes into this week’s LPGA Tour finale once again on the bubble to retain her card. She says she can handle the pressure because she’s been there before.
Tua Tagovailoa was active tonight, but was only available as an emergency back-up for a second straight week, as the coaching staff determined that he couldn’t make all of the throws that he needed to make with the fractured finger on his throwing hand. However, after an injury in the second half to Jacoby Brissett, Tagovailoa was pressed into duty, and ended up making the longest pass of his professional career.
Jalen Hurts’ passing skills are still a work in progress, but he’s doing some special things with his legs.
Mark Ingram’s full press conference after Saints’ practice today.
Week 10 Injury Reports
Game Status Report – Thursday Game:
- Questionable – Tua Tagovailoa (left finger)
- Doubtful – N/A
- Out – N/A
Practice Reports – Thursday
- Did Not Practice – Rashaan Evans (ankle), Damien Harris (concussion), Patrick Surtain II (knee)
- Limited Participation – Amari Cooper (hamstring), Najee Harris (foot), Dont’a Hightower (ankle), Julio Jones (hamstring), Cam Robinson (back), Cam Sims (hamstring),
- Full Participation – Isaiah Buggs (hip), Josh Jacobs (knee), DeVonta Smith (elbow)
- Saivion Smith – signed to the practice squad by the San Francisco 49ers.
- James Carpenter – elevated from the practice squad for Week 10 by the Baltimore Ravens (standard elevation).
Scenes and Highlights
SWIMMING International Swimming League Match 12 Women’s 400m Freestyle: Leonie Kullmann – 4:06.88, 6th; 3 points TENNIS WTA Finals Guadalajara, Doubles Group Stage: 6-seed Alexa Guarachi / D Krawczyk lost to 3-seed Hsieh / Mertens 7-6, 6-2. GOLF Charles Schwab Cup Championship Rd 1: Dicky Pride – 67, -4, T9 Pelican Women’s Open Rd 1: Lauren Stephenson – 68, -2, T23 Stephanie Meadow – 70, E, T51 Emma Talley – 70, E, T51 Cheyenne Knight – 70, E, T51 Kristen Gillman – 71, +1, T65 Houston Open Rd 1 (suspended): Davis Riley – 68, -2, T12 Trey Mullinax – 71, +1, T78 Lee Hodges: +1 thru 7, T78 FOOTBALL Miami 22, Baltimore 10. Tua Tagovailoa – 8-13, 158 yds, 1 sack (6 yds), 104.0 QBR; 3 rushes, 0 yds, 1 TD; 1 fumble (not lost) Jaylen Waddle – 4 catches, 61 yds; 1 punt return, 6 yds Raekwon Davis – no stats Bradley Bozeman – no stats James Carpenter – no stats Marlon Humphrey – 7 tackles, 2 PD, 1 QBH Anthony Averett – 4 tackles, 1 PD