Najee Harris has been nominated for Pepsi Rookie of the Week for Week 14.
Saivion Smith, who was waived by the San Francisco 49ers yesterday, was claimed by the Detroit Lions today. The 49ers apparently intended to re-sign Smith to the practice squad had he cleared waivers.
Ryan Kelly was activated from the COVID-19 Reserve list by Indianapolis today. Kelly has missed the past two games with what he described today as mild symptoms. On a related note, Jedrick Wills was one of several Cleveland players to go on the COVID-19 Reserve list.
The Wall Street Journal has a piece following Miller Forristall and his career from Cartersville High School to his NFL debut last weekend.
Brett Auerbach makes this list of Top 30 prospects in the San Francisco Giant organization.
Herbert Jones did a Q&A for the Pelicans’ “Off the Court” feature.
Alana Gonçalo Da Silva has agreed to join Sampaio Basquete for the 2022 Brazilian LBF season. Gonçalo, currently playing with La Salle Melilla in Spain, will return to the LBF at the conclusion of her Spanish season. She won a 2021 LBF championship with Ituano.
A pair of Former Alabama players currently on the Clemson football staff received promotions today. Mickey Conn, previously Safeties Coach, has been named Co-Defensive Coordinator. Current Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Tackles Coach Todd Bates has been named Assistant Head Coach.
DeVonta Smith took a Camden, NJ youth football team on a shopping spree at a Philadelphia area Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Anthony Averett did a meet & greet tonight as part of the Harvest of Hope toy drive in Baltimore. Averett signed autographs for attendees who brought unopened toys for the drive.
List of press conferences:
- Christian Barmore
- Dont’a Hightower
- Ryan Kelly – Kelly discusses being out with COVID the past two weeks.
Patrick Surtain II was mic’d up for Denver’s game against Detroit this past weekend.
Dwight Stephenson appears on the latest episode of The Fish Tank, a Miami Dolphins podcast.
Week 15 Injury Reports
Practice Reports – Tuesday (Thursday & Saturday games):
- Did Not Practice – N/A
- Limited Participation – Christian Barmore (knee), Damien Harris (hamstring), Ronnie Harrison (ankle), Ryan Kelly (knee, illness).
- Full Participation – Mac Jones (left thumb).
- Ryan Kelly – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Indianapolis Colts.
- Jared Mayden – protected on the practice squad for Week 15 by the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Saivion Smith – claimed on waivers by the Detroit Lions.
- Damion Square – signed to the practice squad by the Las Vegas Raiders
- Jedrick Wills – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Cleveland Browns.
- Alana Gonçalo Da Silva – agreed to terms with Sampaio Basquete for the 2022 LBF basketball season.
- Tim Williams – restored to active roster by the Saskatchewan Rough Riders of the CFL.
BASKETBALL Södertälje 103, Borås 77. Galin Smith – 17 minutes, 7 points (3-4 FG, 1-4 FT), 7 rebounds, 1 block, 4 fouls. Austin 108, Lakeland 96. Joshua Primo – 34 minutes, 11 points (4-6 2pg, 0-4 3pg, 2-3 FT), 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers, 1 foul. Birmingham 113, Memphis 109. John Petty – DNP.