Damien Harris has been nominated for FedEx Ground Player of the Week for Week 16.
The Spokane Shock of the Indoor Football League announced today that Blake Sims has re-signed with the team for the 2022 season. Sims played in his first professional game with the 2021 Shock, before eventually being sidelined by a knee injury.
Jaylen Waddle set a Miami Dolphins record for receiving yards in a rookie season, and also moved into second place for most receptions in a rookie season in NFL history. Waddle now has 96 receptions for 941 yards on the season.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Anthony Averett suffered a fractured rib in yesterday’s game. Timetable for returning is unknow.
Xavier McKinney spoke on the difficulties of losing, how he wants to be a part of the culture change, and how he needs to work harder to make the Pro Bowl.
ESPN looks at where the Miami Dolphins stand with Tua Tagovailoa following this year’s trade deadline drama, and whether they’re committed to building around him.
Herbert Jones is the spotlighted rookie in John Hollinger’s weekly column in The Athletic. Hollinger writes that Jones will have a long NBA career if he can develop a serviceable 3-point shot.
Mac Jones had his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Merloni and Fauria Show today.
Retin Obasohan was this week’s guest on the Champions League Trash Talk podcast.
- Lester Cotton – reverted back to the Las Vegas Raiders practice squad at the end of Week 16.
- Gehrig Dieter – restored to the practice squad from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Miller Forristall – cleared waivers and became a free agent.
- Ronnie Harrison – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Cleveland Browns.
- Julio Jones – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Tennessee Titans.
- Jared Mayden – reverted back to the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad at the end of Week 16.
- Damion Square – reverted back to the Las Vegas Raiders practice squad at the end of Week 16.
- Jedrick Wills – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Cleveland Browns.
- Mack Wilson – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Cleveland Browns.
Scenes and Highlights
BASKETBALL Utah 110, San Antonio 104. Joshua Primo – 4 minutes, 0 points (0-0 FG), 2 assists. FOOTBALL Miami 20, New Orleans 3 Tua Tagovailoa – 19-26, 198 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks (25 yds), 91.5 QBR; 1 rush, 1 yd; 1 fumble Jaylen Waddle – 10 catches, 92 yds, 1 TD Raekwon Davis – 3 tackles, 0.5 sack, 1 QBH Mark Ingram – 4 rushes, 17 yds; 1 tackle