Herbert Jones scored a career high 26 points tonight to lead New Orleans to a 108-104 win in a game in which it trailed by 23 points at one point. Jones also blocked a shot for the 13th straight game tonight, tying Anthony Davis’ Pelican franchise record for a rookie. Jones also joined Davis as the only Pelican rookies to score 25 or more points and have 3 or more blocks in the same game.
Trevon Diggs paid a visit to Breakfast Brothers and surprised owner Rickey Booker with a $25,000 grant from Pepsi Dig In.
Links to press conferences:
- Herbert Jones (post-game presser)
- Tua Tagovailoa (post-game presser)
- Jaylen Waddle (post-game presser)
Herbert Jones was interviewed at the team’s practice this morning.
- Miller Forristall – re-signed to the practice squad by the Cleveland Browns.
- Robert Foster – protected on the practice squad for Week 17 by the Dallas Cowboys.
- Ross Pierschbacher – protected on the practice squad for Week 17 by the New York Jets.
- Carson Tinker – released from the practice squad by the Los Angeles Rams.
Scenes and Highlights
BASKETBALL Vitória 89, Illiabum 76. Brandon Austin – 23 minutes, 13 points (3-6 2pg, 1-1 3pg, 4-4 FT), 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 2 fouls. New Orleans 108, Cleveland 104. Herbert Jones – 36 minutes, 26 points (8-14 2pg, 2-4 3pg, 4-4 FT), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks, 5 fouls. Denver 89, Golden State 86. JaMychal Green - 13 minutes, 6 points (3-3 2pg, 0-1 3pg, 0-1 FT), 6 rebounds, 4 fouls.