Najee Harris rushed for 188 yards on 28 carries for Pittsburgh tonight, and in the process set a new franchise rookie rushing record with 1,172 yards on the season. Harris bests Franco Harris’ mark of 1,055 rushing yards, set in 1972. Harris reached new season highs in rushing yards (188) and yards from scrimmage (206).
Damien Harris shares why he gives away many of his touchdown footballs to fans in the stands.
Ahead of Joshua Primo’s return to Toronto tomorrow night, he discussed losing his mother to cancer when he was 11.
Tennessee head coach Mike Vrabel indicated that Derrick Henry could be designated to return from Injured Reserve by mid-week, thus opening up his practice window. With Tennessee having already clinched a playoff berth, some believe they should proceed cautiously.
Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal writes that it’s not far-fetched to compare Mac Jones’ rookie season to some of the best rookie quarterback seasons of all time.
Julio Jones was among the Tennessee Titans activated from the COVID Reserve list today.
Haylie McCleney, Montana Fouts, and Bailey Hemphill are participating at USA Softball national team selection trials this week in Vero Beach, Florida. The ultimate 18-woman roster will compete at the 2022 World Games in Birmingham, Alabama, which will signify as the 2022 World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) World Cup.
Former Alabama running back Jerome Ford, who finished his college career at Cincinnati, announced today that he’s entering the NFL draft.
Mac Jones had his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Merloni and Fauria Show today. Among other things, he discussed the flashlight he got for Christmas, what made Bill Belichick laugh on the sidelines, and his stance on New Year’s resolutions.
Le’Ron McClain appeared on Glenn Clark Radio today, and discussed what it’s like to live with the ramifications of concussions.
Links to press conferences:
- Isaiah Buggs – deactivated for Week 17 by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – reverted back to the Denver Broncos practice squad at the end of Week 17.
- Lester Cotton – restored to the practice squad from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- D.J. Fluker – reverted back to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad at the end of Week 17; released from practice squad.
- Miller Forristall – restored to the practice squad from the Reserve / COVID-19 list, and placed on Practice Squad Injured Reserve by the Cleveland Browns.
- Ronnie Harrison – deactivated for Week 17 by the Cleveland Browns.
- Julio Jones – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Tennessee Titans.
- Damion Square – reverted back to the Las Vegas Raiders practice squad at the end of Week 17.
- Mack Wilson – deactivated for Week 17 by the Cleveland Browns.
Scenes and Highlights
BASKETBALL Kawasaki 78, San-en 68. Justin Knox – DNP (injured) Vitória 75, Lusitania 73. Brandon Austin – 23 minutes, 5 points (0-2 2pg, 1-3 2pg, 2-2 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 turnover, 3 fouls. Utah 115, New Orleans 104. Herbert Jones – 30 minutes, 11 points (4-5 2pg, 0-3 3pg, 3-3 FT), 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 1 foul. Dallas 103, Denver 89. JaMychal Green – 11 minutes, 6 points (0-2 3pg, 6-6 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 turnover, 1 foul. FOOTBALL Pittsburgh 26, Cleveland 14. Najee Harris – 28 rushes, 188 yds, 1 TD; 3 catches, 18 yds JC Hassenaeur – no stats Minkah Fitzpatrick – 4 tackles Isaiah Buggs – inactive Jedrick Wills – no stats Ronnie Harrison – inactive Mack Wilson – inactive