Mac Jones and Najee Harris have been nominated for Pepsi Rookie of the Week for Week 17.
Jonathan Allen and his work to battle youth homelessness is profiled in The Athletic.
Herb Jones continues to draw praise around the league, this time from last night’s opponents Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley.
Najee Harris earned another “Angry Run” scepter from Good Morning Football for his 30-yard run last night.
Oklahoma officially announced the hiring of Todd Bates as Associate Head Coach and Co-Defensive Coordinator. Bates will coach defensive tackles as well.
Braxton Key will reportedly sign a 10-day hardship contract with the Philadelphia 76ers tomorrow. Key has been playing with the 76ers’ G League affiliated, the Delaware Blue Coats.
Jalen Hurts sent a letter to the Washington Football Team and the NFL to address his concerns about the barricade that collapsed Sunday afternoon after the Philadelphia / Washington game. Hurts narrowly escaped injury as the structured collapsed as he was walking by, and he would hang around to help some of the fans to their feet.
MiLB.com released its list of organizational all-stars for the San Francisco Giants system. Brett Auerbach was included as the catcher on the team (though they could have picked any number of other positions).
Chandler Taylor has notified the Houston Astros organization of his intent to retire from baseball. Taylor spent the 2021 season with the Corpus Christi Hooks at the Double A level.
Joshua Primo returned to Toronto for the first time as a professional tonight, and scored a career-best 15 points. Here’s a clip that the San Antonio Spurs put together to document the trip.
Quinnen Williams appeared on Good Morning Football this morning, and discussed his charitable work in the Birmingham area.
Bradley and Nikki Bozeman appeared on 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore. Bozeman discussed why he didn’t play on Sunday, as well as the possibility that Week 18 may be his final game as a Raven.
Links to press conferences:
Week 18 Injury Reports
Tuesday Practice Report – Saturday Games
- Did Not Practice – Landon Dickerson (thumb), Kareem Jackson (back/shoulder), Patrick Surtain II (calf)
- Limited Participation – Jalen Hurts (ankle).
- Full Participation – N/A.
- Shyheim Carter – released from the practice squad by the Tennessee Titans.
- Lester Cotton – protected on the practice squad for Week 18 by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- B.J. Emmons – restored to the practice squad from the Reserve / COVID-19 list and released from the practice squad by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Jared Mayden – protected on the practice squad for Week 18 by the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Ross Pierschbacher – protected on the practice squad for Week 18 by the New York Jets.
- Damion Square – protected on the practice squad for Week 18 by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Chandler Taylor – placed on the Voluntarily Retired List by the Houston Astros organization.
- Carson Tinker – released from the practice squad by the Los Angeles Rams.
Scenes and Highlights
BASKETBALL Champions League Play-In Gm 1: Igokea M:tel 87, Oostende 72. Levi Randolph – 26 minutes, 17 points (5-13 2pg, 0-2 3pg, 7-8 FT), 3 rebounds, 2 turnovers, 1 foul. Toronto 129, San Antonio 104. Joshua Primo – 28 minutes, 15 points (2-4 2pg, 2-6 3pg, 5-6 FT), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers, 1 foul. Phoenix 123, New Orleans 110. Herbert Jones – 34 minutes, 9 points (2-4 2pg, 1-3 3pg, 2-2 FT), 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 3 fouls.