Derrick Henry was officially designated to return from Injured Reserve today, clearing the way for him to return to practice today. The Titans, with a win this weekend over Houston, would be the top seed in the AFC and would have a first-round bye, so Henry could still be a couple of weeks away from playing.
The Pittsburgh Chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association has named Najee Harris as the Pittsburgh Steelers’ rookie of the year.
C.J. Mosley has been given the New York Jets’ Curtis Martin Award – the team’s MVP award. The award is determined by a vote of the players. Quinnen Williams is the recipient of the team’s Marty Lyons Community Service Award. Mosley was honored with the Gerald Eskenazi Media Good Guy Award by the New York Jets Chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association
Kirani James is one of four Grenadians to be named on Queens New Year Honours List. The Overseas and International 2022 New Year Honours list recognizes the achievements of a wide range of extraordinary people for their exceptional efforts abroad. James was approved for the award of the Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his contribution to sports.
In his press appearance today, Tua Tagovailoa indicated that he’s going to incorporate cold weather and wet weather conditions in his off-season training.
Braxton Key was officially signed to a 10-day contract by the Philadelphia 76ers. Key was in uniform tonight in Orlando, but did not see action.
Mark McMillian is profiled in this piece on Medium.
Links to press conferences:
- Amari Cooper
- Trevon Diggs
- Dont’a Hightower
- Mac Jones
- C.J. Mosley
- DeVonta Smith (starts at 4:25)
- Tua Tagovailoa
- Quinnen Williams
Week 18 Injury Reports
Wednesday Practice Report – Saturday & Sunday Games
- Did Not Practice – Anthony Averett (ribs/chest), Landon Dickerson (thumb), Kareem Jackson (back/shoulder), A’Shawn Robinson (rest), Patrick Surtain II (calf).
- Limited Participation – Christian Barmore (knee), Damien Harris (hamstring), Ronnie Harrison (ankle), Dont’a Hightower (knee), Jalen Hurts (ankle), Mark Ingram (knee), Josh Jacobs (ribs), Julio Jones (hamstring).
- Full Participation – Bradley Bozeman (illness).
- Da’Shawn Hand – signed to the practice squad by the Tennessee Titans.
- Derrick Henry – designated to return to practice from the Reserve / Injured list by the Tennessee Titans.
- Kareem Jackson – placed on the Reserve / Injured list by the Denver Broncos.
- Jerry Jeudy – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Denver Broncos.
- J.K. Scott – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Quinnen Williams – activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the New York Jets.
Scenes and Highlights
TENNIS WTA Adelaide International 1, Doubles Rd of 16: Erin Routliffe / L Fernandez defeated Xu / Yang 7-6 (7-4), 4-6, 1-0 (10-7). VOLLEYBALL Stuttgart 3, Erfurt 1 (25-22, 25-9, 23-25, 25-19). Krystal Rivers – 12 points (12 kills); 33% (12-36) attack efficiency. BASKETBALL Philadelphia 116, Orlando 106. Braxton Key – DNP (coach’s decision) San Antonio 99, Boston 97. Joshua Primo – 6 minutes, 0 points (0-0 FG), 1 rebound, 1 turnover. Utah 115, Denver 109. JaMychal Green – 15 minutes, 8 points (2-5 2pg, 0-1 3pg, 4-4 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 block, 3 fouls. Stockton 103, Birmingham 80. John Petty – 22 minutes, 3 points (1-6 3pg), 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1 foul.