The NFL free agency period begins with the new league year on Wednesday, March 16 though teams can begin negotiating with free agents as early as Monday, March 14 at noon ET. The Jacksonville Jaguars have already placed the franchise tag on Cam Robinson, thus taking him off the again for 2022. Bradley Bozeman, Anthony Averett, Levi Wallace, and O.J. Howard are among the free agents expected to garner the most attention. Additionally, Landon Collins is expected to be released by the Washington Commanders in a salary cap move, which will add him to the available pool
Here is a list of 2022 free agents, which will be updated as players sign 2022 deals.
|First Name||Last Name||Old Team||New Team||Contract/Comments|
|Anthony||Averett||Baltimore Ravens||Las Vegas Raiders||1 year, $4.5 million|
|Bradley||Bozeman||Baltimore Ravens||Carolina Panthers||1 year, $2.8 million|
|Levi||Wallace||Buffalo Bills||Pittsburgh Steelers||2 years, $8 million|
|Ronnie||Harrison||Cleveland Browns||Cleveland Browns|
|Robert||Foster||Dallas Cowboys||New York Giants||1 year, $965,000|
|Kareem||Jackson||Denver Broncos||Denver Broncos|
|Ha Ha||Clinton-Dix||Denver Broncos|
|Shaun Dion||Hamilton||Detroit Lions||Detroit Lions||1 year, $1.035 million (VCB)|
|Cam||Robinson||Jacksonville Jaguars||Jacksonville Jaguars||1 year, $16.67 million (franchise tag)|
|J.K.||Scott||Jacksonville Jaguars||Los Angeles Chargers||1 year, $965,000|
|Jarran||Reed||Kansas City Chiefs||Green Bay Packers||1 year, $3.25 million|
|Derrick||Gore||Kansas City Chiefs||Kansas City Chiefs||Exclusive Rights FA|
|Isaiah||Buggs||Las Vegas Raiders|
|Carson||Tinker||Los Angeles Rams|
|Dont’a||Hightower||New England Patriots|
|James||Carpenter||New Orleans Saints|
|Reggie||Ragland||New York Giants|
|J.C.||Hassenaeur||Pittsburgh Steelers||Pittsburgh Steelers||Exclusive Rights FA|
|O.J.||Howard||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Buffalo Bills||1 year, $3.5 million|
|Rashaan||Evans||Tennessee Titans||Atlanta Falcons||1 year, $1.4 million|
|Cam||Sims||Washington Commanders||Washington Commanders||1 year, $2.59 million|
- The Detroit Lions announced the re-signing of Shaun Dion Hamilton just before the beginning of free agency. Hamilton signed for the veteran salary benefit ($1.035 million, with a cap hit of $895,000).
- Robert Foster, who was released by Dallas late last week, reportedly signed with the New York Giants.
- Jordan Schultz reported that the Pittsburgh Steelers are signing Levi Wallace to a 2-year, $8 million deal.
- OJ Howard agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills on a 1-year, $3.5 million deal.
- Anthony Averett will reportedly sign with the Las Vegas Raiders on a 1-year, $4.5 million deal.
- Julio Jones and Landon Collins were both officially released with post-June 1 designations.
- Cam Sims is re-signing with Washington. Sims’ new deal is a one-year, $2.59 million deal with $2 million guaranteed. The deal also has weekly active roster bonuses and per-catch incentives.
- Levi Wallace’s contract terms: 2 years, $8 million, which includes a $2.965 million signing bonus.
- Las Vegas Raiders officially announced the signing of Anthony Averett.
- Bradley Bozeman signed a one-year contract with the Carolina Panthers.
- Term of O.J. Howard’s contract – 1 year, $3.195 million fully guaranteed with a $3.5 million cap number.
- J.K. Scott was signed by the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Per Spotrac, Bradley Bozeman’s contract is a 1 year, $2.8 million contract with a base salary of $1.035 million, a signing bonus of $1 million, a roster bonus of $500,000, and a workout bonus of $265,000.
- Per Spotrac, Robert Foster received a 1 year, $965,000 contract with no guarantees.
- Jarran Reed has reportedly signed a 1-year deal with Green Bay. Reed seems to have confirmed the signing via Twitter.
- Green Bay officially announced the Jarran Reed signing.
- Jarran Reed’s deal is a one-year, $3.25 million contract that includes playtime and sack incentives that could earn him another $1.25 million. He gets a $1.865 million signing bonus. 2022 cap hit is $1.75 million.
- J.K. Scott’s deal is a standard one-year, $965,000 contract.
- Rashaan Evans has reportedly signed a one-year contract with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Derrick Gore has signed his exclusive rights tender with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Ronnie Harrison is reportedly re-signing with the Cleveland Browns on a one-year deal.
- J.C. Hassenaeur signed his exclusive rights tender with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Cam Robinson signed his franchise tag tender offer of one-year, $16.67 million.
- Terms of Rashaan Evans’ contract with the Falcons – one year contract with a base of $1.035 million and a signing bonus of $365,000. Contract includes weekly active roster bonuses of $20,588 per game. Cap hit is $1.647 million.