The WWE today unveiled its list of 15 college athletes who will be the first to participate in the company’s newly formed NIL (Name, Image & Likeness) program that provides a clear pathway from collegiate athletics to the WWE. Alabama thrower Isaac Odugbesan and pole vaulter Riley White are included in the inaugural “Next In Line™” class. Odugbesan had previously signed a development deal with the WWE as a result of a tryout earlier this year.
E.J. Junior, who was named as part of the 2020 class of the College Football Hall of Fame, was formally inducted last night as part of the combined 2020/2021 class.
Major League Baseball didn’t hold a major league phase of the annual Rule 5 draft today due to the lockout, but continued on with the AAA phase. Cobie Vance was selected by the Miami Marlins in the 3rd round of the draft. He’ll join Jake Walters and Sam Praytor in the Marlin organization.
Kira Lewis left New Orleans’ game tonight in the 2nd quarter with a right knee sprain. He’ll be further evaluated tomorrow. Herbert Jones reached career highs in points (19) and minutes played (39) in the game.
Dutch team Aris Leeuwarden announced today that Ar’mond Davis has left the team. Davis missed the team’s last two games while being stateside to deal with a family matter, and has advised the team that he’s not returning. Davis was leading the team in scoring at 15.1 points per game.
The Arizona Cardinals’ YouTube series Folktales debuted Episode 10, “Nine More,” tonight. The episode tells the story of Rashad Johnson losing a portion of his finger in a 2013 game against the Saints.
Links to press appearances:
- Anthony Averett
- Bradley Bozeman
- Raekwon Davis
- Mac Jones
- Daron Payne (begins at 28:54)
- Tua Tagovailoa
- Herbert Jones – post-game interview
- JaMychal Green – post-game interview
Week 14 Injury Reports
Game Status Report – Thursday Game
- Questionable – N/A
- Doubtful – N/A
- Out – Isaiah Buggs (ankle)
Practice Reports – Wednesday (Thursday and Sunday games):
- Did Not Practice – Anthony Averett (knee), Isaiah Buggs (ankle), Landon Collins (foot), C.J. Mosley (back).
- Limited Participation – Jonathan Allen (groin), Ronnie Harrison (ankle).
- Full Participation – Rashaan Evans (ankle), Josh Jacobs (ankle).
- Ar’mond Davis – released from contract by Aris Leeuwarden of the BNXT League.
- Cobie Vance – selected by the Miami Marlins in the AAA phase of the Rule 5 Draft.
- Marlon Humphrey – placed on the Reserve / Injured list by the Baltimore Ravens.
- Kenyan Drake – placed on the Reserve / Injured list by the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Mark Ingram – placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the New Orleans Saints.
- James Carpenter – signed to the practice squad by the New Orleans Saints.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – released from the practice squad by the Las Vegas Raiders.
Scenes and Highlights
BASKETBALL Champions League Group Play: Tofaş Istanbul 83, Oostende 78. Levi Randolph – 35 minutes, 10 points (3-7 2pg, 0-4 3pg, 4-4 FT), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 turnovers, 2 fouls. Denver 120, New Orleans 114 (F/OT). JaMychal Green – 16 minutes, 10 points (2-3 2pg, 1-3 3pg, 3-4 FT), 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 foul. Herbert Jones – 39 minutes, 19 points (6-9 2pg, 2-2 3pg, 1-2 FT), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers, 1 foul. Kira Lewis – 9 minutes, 5 points (2-4 FG, 1-1 FT), 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 0 fouls. GOLF Arizona Women’s Open Rd 2: Kenzie Wright – 71-68, -5, T5 VOLLEYBALL CEV Volleyball Cup, Pool Play: Busto Arsizio 3, Stuttgart 0 (29-27, 25-19, 25-23). Krystal Rivers – 24 points (24 kills); 49% (24-49) attack efficiency. ADAPTED ATHLETICS IWBF Men’s European Championships, Group Play: Germany 73, Spain 54. Ignacio Ortega – 22 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block. IWBF Women’s European Championships, Group Play: Germany 56, Turkey 27. Kate Lang – 20 minutes, 17 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks Catharina Weiss – 24 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds IWBF Women’s European Championships, Group Play: Germany 66, France 21. Kate Lang – 30 minutes, 23 points, 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals Catharina Weiss – 22 minutes, 0 points, 2 rebounds Loeiza Vari Le Roux – 19 minutes, 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 block