Brian Robinson was designated to return to practice today, which opens up a 21-day window in which he can practice without having to be added to the roster. Head coach Ron Rivera said that Robinson got about 8-10 snaps, and a few more with the scout team. Robinson is five weeks removed from an attempted robbery that resulted in receiving two gunshot wounds to his leg.
Robinson addressed the media afterwards, saying that “it’s a beautiful day for me,” and said that lying in a hospital bed was his “lowest point.” Once he was told he would be able to play football again, Robinson said his mind was totally on recovery.
Robinson’s return provided a lift to several of his teammates.
Christian Harris was also designated to return to practice by the Houston Texans.
In his first NBA camp, J.D. Davison is leaning on veteran Marcus Smart a lot.
The Ringer looks at why the Philadelphia Eagles offense is succeeding with Jalen Hurts at quarterback so far in 2022.
Blake Barnett, who now lives in the Fort Myers area, has been preparing free barbeque for area residents who were affected by Hurricane Ian.
Links to press conferences from today:
ESPN’s piece on Brian Robinson’s return to practice today.
Champ Allison is interviewed on the Out of the Blocks podcast.
Week 5 Injury Reports
Practice Reports – Wednesday:
- Did Not Practice – Amari Cooper (resting player), Minkah Fitzpatrick (knee), Tua Tagovailoa (concussion, back, ankle), Jaylen Waddle (groin)
- Limited Participation – Julio Jones (knee), Mac Jones (ankle), Evan Neal (neck), Levi Wallace (foot),
- Full Participation – Raekwon Davis (knee), Ryan Kelly (knee)
Scenes and Highlights
- Christian Harris – designated to return from the Reserve / Injured list by the Houston Texans.
- Brian Robinson – designated to return from the Reserve / Injured list by the Washington Commanders.
TENNIS ATP Challenger Gwangju Open, Doubles Rd of 16: 3-seed Saketh Myneni / Y Bhambri defeated Hong / Nam 6-4, 6-3. BASKETBALL Slavia Praha 81, Olomoucko 62. Jordan Bruner – 9 minutes, 9 points (3-4 2pg, 1-1 3pg), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, +1. Championship League Group B Reggio Emilia 88, Bonn 84. Michael Kessens – DNP (hand). Mexico LNBP QF Gm 6: Astros 105, Soles de Mexicali 81 (wins series 4-2). Nick King – 25 minutes, 7 points (2-7 2pg, 1-1 3pg), 8 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 3 fouls, -26.